Ernie Clark. Hilperton Division, Wiltshire Council.

Search the site

powered by FreeFind
Quick Contact
Tel: 01225 769940
Mobile: 0794 120 1995
Current NewsLetter
News articles from around the Division:

Monday November 23, 2020 Lost property.

Share |
News Image
Don't hand it to the police!

I learnt something over the weekend.

Someone phoned me to ask about a lost set of keys and I suggested they try Wiltshire Police.

However, the police had told them that the police no longer deal with lost property.

I contacted a sergeant at Trowbridge and was advised as under:-

'Hi Ernie,

Yes it is correct and has been policy since March 2019. -  

The recommendation is to hand it in to the local library'.

Quite what you are expected to do during 'lockdown' I don't know!!


If you have found a set of keys (both house and car keys) whilst walking over the Gap fields, please let me know.